Sunday, September 9, 2007

Vodka and The City

Dear Husband:

Why does everyone think I like martinis so much? I must have approximately 48 martini glasses in my kitchen. I receive them for nearly every occasion, and often more than one set per!

I believe its yet another repercussion of the highly acclaimed television show--Sex & The City--that I am forced to endure daily, years after the show ended. Thanks to Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte, those who do not understand single people (aka all of my suburban relatives and highschool friends), are under the misapprension that single people do nothing but drink martinis. Day and night.

Husband, honestly, I think you should be concerned. After all, you don't want me to be a vodka hag before you even meet me! So, if you see any of my family members, friends, or coworkers, please tell them not to buy me any more martini glasses.

Champagne flutes, on the other hand, are another story. I am always in need of champange flutes because they seem to jump straight to their deaths from my countertops of their own free will... You were worried, weren't you, husband? Thinking I break champagne flutes with regularity becaues I tend to swill as though it is forever New Year's and I am Freddie Mercury. No. fear not, dear Husband. I know when to say when to the tiny bubbles. Honestly.

Don't worry, Husband.

xxoo

No comments: